In the course of providing the user, customer or consumer (“you”, “your”) with the services and/or access to our Website, we will be collecting, using, disclosing, storing and/or processing data, including your personal data.
By accessing and using our Website and/or providing personal data to us, you hereby acknowledge that you have read this Policy and that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Oceanwaves Seafood Enterprise Pte Ltd and their associated companies in accordance with this Policy and the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
1.What personal data does Oceanwaves Seafood collect?
1.2. We collect information from you when you register on our Site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
1.3.When ordering or registering on our Site, as appropriate, we may collect and use personal data from you, which includes but is not limited to:
- Identity data; your name, gender and date of birth;
- Contact data; billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers;
- Account data; payment details;
- Transaction data; information about orders and payments to and from you, and other details of products and Services that you have purchased or obtained through our Website;
- Profile data; your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage data; information on how you use the Platform, Products and Services or view any content on the Platform;
- Marketing and communications data; your preferences in receiving marketing information from us and our third parties.
1.4. You may also choose to visit our Site anonymously.
2.What do we use your information for?
2.1. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To facilitate your use of the services and/or access to our Website.
- To communicate with you or respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes.
- To process the orders that you have submitted through the Website (Payments that you make through the Website for products).
- To deliver the products you have purchased through our Website. We may pass your personal information on to a third party (for example, our courier) in order to make delivery of the product(s) to you.
- To update you on the delivery of the products and for customer support purposes.
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate.
- To ascertain your identity for fraud detection purposes.
- To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online.
- To improve the layout or content of the pages of our Website and to customise them for our users.
- To carry out demographics and behavior research on our users.
- To provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us such as information about our products and services.
- To process any feedback and complaints.
- To send you marketing or promotional materials about our products and services (unless you choose to opt-out from receiving these materials). You can choose to opt out from such information, by notifying us in writing or via the contact form on our “contact”
3.How do we ensure the security of your information?
3.1. To protect your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, processing, copying, modification, disposal, loss, misuse, we have implemented appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as:
- Restricting access to personal data to individuals who require access;
- Using SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology for our payment gateways.
3.2. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. oceanwavesseafood.com does not warrant or guarantee in any way that your personal information or private communications will always remain private and/or safe. We hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regards to any personal data held or maintained by us, except to the extent caused by our fault or negligence. While security cannot be guaranteed, we will do our utmost best to protect the security of your information. We are also constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
3.3. Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your password with anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should change your password immediately.
3.4. Your payment information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
4.1. Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer’s or device’s hard drive by the web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies are designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information such as items added in the shopping cart or to record the user’s browsing activity). They are also used to remember information that the user enters into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit-card numbers.
4.2. We utilize cookies to help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart and it also helps us to understand and save your preferences for future visits.
4.3. Our cookies cannot be used to get personal data or any other data that can be traced to you personally from your hard drive. Most web browsers and devices allow you to set a notification when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. However, you may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our Site by disabling cookies.
5.Will your information be disclosed to outside parties?
5.1. We do not sell, trade, or disclose your personal information to outside parties. This excludes our trusted third parties who assist us in the operations of our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we deemed it appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or to protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
6.Third party links
6.1. We may, at our discretion, include include or offer third party products or services on our Website. These third party sites include separate and independent privacy policies. We hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
7.Terms and Conditions
7.1. Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
9. Access, Correction and Withdrawal of Personal Data
9.1. You have the right to access and update your Personal Data at any time. If you would like to correct or review the Personal Data we have about you, you can let us know by contacting us via the contact form on our “contact” page. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
9.2. You may also withdraw your consent to provide Personal Data by submitting your request via the contact form on our “contact” page. Depending on your request, it we may or may not be able to continue providing our service to you.